The ubiquity of technology is changing the way consumers pay.
We’re catering to consumers who are seeking better ways to pay — through our innovative digital wallet service MasterPass; our contactless technologies that make transactions faster; or the tokenization services we provide through Mastercard Digital Enablement Service.
We make it possible for people to pay with any payment card, anywhere, on any device — through a simple click, tap or touch. Mastercard is your best digital payments partner.
- Our digital payments strategy is centered on choice — developing an array of open, flexible products to meet issuer, merchant and consumer needs.
- Our strategy is robust and built for the future, with a consistent and focused view of how digital payments should evolve.
- Our focus on security including industry leadership in EMV is second to none.
Mastercard Digital Enablement Service
What it is
- The service allows issuers and merchants to manage tokenization and digitization to create EMV-like security for every transaction. It gives cardholders the choice and peace of mind to make safer digital payments from a variety of connected devices through a tap, touch or click.
How it works
- Creation: The card's primary account number (PAN) is replaced with an alternate card number called a token
- Storage: The tokenized card details are delivered to the mobile device through a process called digitization
- Usage: A mobile device is enabled for more secure payments
The benefits of Express
Simple to Scale
- Your tokenized cards are automatically available to new digital partners that also enroll in the Express program
- When new digital partners join the program, you're able to scale without negotiating separate bilateral agreements
- All digital partners must meet program requirements based on EMV and tokenization standards
Fast to Market
- We help make it simple to activate your digital payment strategy with fast track channel activation